Mechanical Transplanter Company (MTC) first opened for business in 1953. When Raymond Kolk decided to start the business, he chose a location to begin building. That building is still home to MTC today, located at 1150 Central Avenue, Holland MI.
After a few additions over the years to the building; as well as the workforce, Ray's sons Bob and Howard were primed to take control of the business in 1983.
When Bob and Howard retired in 2008, they sold the business to two employees who had spent the majority of their careers at MTC and knew the business and the products thoroughly.
With forward thinking and updated production methods, MTC is still committed to manufacturing the worlds finest transplanting equipment.